Wednesday, April 1, 2009

HTML I love you ... yes I do!

I am so in love with HTML and myself now it's ridiculous.

As a web publisher but not one of the site's content contributors, the CMS and coding on site has always been an imagined labyrinthine mystery world of gobbledygook for me. When I'm asked to have a 'piece of code' or a tag placed on the site by a third party I send it to an IT wizard person without even looking at it. How the contributors' content appears on the site via the magic of our CMS has always been beyond me.

So I followed the tutorial with great trepidation, I stepped into the forbidden world and - guess what? - it SO makes sense! Now any of you who have been following my blog will know that I have struggled with FTP, Telnet, terminology and technology consistently. But HTML - the scariest of the lot? Pffffft ... I am now officially one of those wizard persons.

Well not quite yet but you get the idea.

It's a very logical sequence of codes. It is not at all difficult to grasp how a coded instruction becomes web content. A big window has opened for me now and I'm going through it with gusto. This is the start of me understanding 'the web' in a very real and practical way.

The hardest part of the task was trying to figure out how to take a screenshot, how to save a screenshot and now I'm about to attempt to post those screenshots (thanks everyone on the BB - what an amazing resource your individual and collective contributions are).

I'm not fancy enough to create my own web page just yet so I'm posting the tutorial exercise to back up my wizard claims.

No comments:

Post a Comment