Saturday, April 18, 2009

Passing time with Eminem

I downloaded Quicktime without any difficulties. The task was useful actually because I have encountered a few instances where I've needed Quicktime to watch something and haven't been bothered at the time to go through the download process ... now I have it! And I watched Eminem's clip of "We made You" (hilarious - the more times you see it the more things you pick up.... the less colourful John Mayer/Jennifer Aniston moment can pass you by if you're not paying attention!) while I waited for Bookmark Buddy to download. It seemed an interminable wait. Again it brings me back to concepts of time. I remember when a download used to take hours not minutes - you had to go away and leave it and keep coming back to check how many more minutes the thing was expected to take! Here I was in 2009 being irritated that Bookmark Buddy took about 6 minutes to download.

I had a play around with the Buddy and decided - nah it's not for me. Too cumbersome. I'm happy with the way I have my Bookmarks working already courtesy of Firefox - simple, easy to navigate and retrieve.

1 comment:

  1. Just to say Hi, I read your blog and think is fun & very clear. good luck. Renee

    ReplyDelete